In this blog I will walk you through to determine the installation date of an ESXi host.
To determine the installation date of an ESXi host, just follow the below steps.
- First Connect with your ESXi host through any SSH client – I used Putty
- Then execute this command,
#echo -n “ESXi install date: ” ; date -d @$(printf “%d” 0x$(esxcli system uuid get | cut -d \- -f1 ))
- You will now see the installation date on the screen.
If you can’t remember this long command, no worries. We have a simple alternate way to do this.
- Get the system UUID by executing the below command.
esxcli system uuid get
- When this command is executed you will get the UUID of your Esxi host. From this copy the first 7 hexadecimal number. Like in my example its 52f35ae2
- Now Convert this Hexadecimal number to decimal value, I prefer to use this online converter. (Hex to Decimal converter)
- Now use Epoch Converter to Convert Decimal Number in to the Human Readable date.
You are done !!!
Please refer this VMware KB for more info : 2144905
I hope this is informative for you. Thanks for Reading!!!. Be Social and share it in social media, if you feel worth sharing it.