In my previous blogs we discussed about the new features, enhancements and improvements in v2.12. This blog will guide you through the install and Configure the App Volumes Manager v2.12.
Upgrading to App Volumes 2.12 is very straight forward although it’s not really an upgrade process. To UPGRADE you just need to remove the AV Manager and reinstall it. During installation you point to your existing database, it’s “UPGRADED”.
DON’t forget to upgrade the AV Agent v2.12 on all the systems.
- Download the App Volumes v2.12 binaries from VMware Official site.
- Extract the VMware App Volumes ISO to the “VMware App Volumes Manager” server and execute the installer.
- Right Click on Setup and Run as Administrator.
- Click on Next to continue the installation.
- Accept the license and Agreement.
- Select Install App Volumes Manager.
- Now select the Database. In my test lab i have external database created, hence selecting Connect to an existing SQL Server Database.
- Selected the DB.
- Selected the DB and click Next.
- As you are already aware that, App Volumes v2.12 have the option to replace the self signed certificate of the AV manager with a CA-signed one. Hence selecting port 443.
- Click on Next to continue installation.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish the complete the installation.
You are now done with the installation.
In my Next Blog i will be configuring the App Volumes Manager. Please stand by!!