In this blog, i explain about the system requirements in order to successfully deploy the VMware AppVolume Manager.
Below is the appvolume system requirement.
App Volumes System Requirements:
The following browsers are supported for the App Volumes Management Console:
• Internet Explorer 9 or later
• Mozilla Firefox 28 or later
• Safari 5.1 or later
• Google Chrome 21 or later
The following operating systems are supported for RDS hosts:
• Windows 10
• Windows Server 2008 R2
• Windows Server 2012 R2
Database and Infrastructure Requirements :
SQL Server options include:
• SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012
• SQL Express 2008 R2 for testing or nonproduction
• A SQL Server account with the DB_Owner role is required for installation and operations.
VMware software for VMDK Direct Attached Operation Mode (preferred):
• VMware vSphere 5.5.x and 6.0 Update 1
• VMware Horizon with View 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, and 6.2
Citrix software options include:
• Citrix XenDesktop 5.5, 5.6 and 7.x
• Citrix XenApp 6.5 and 7.x
Access Rights Requirements:
The following Rights must be available:
• Microsoft Active Directory (AD) domain, at the 2003 or later functional level
• An AD account with the App Volumes Manager server and vCenter Server Administrator permissions for initial setup and connection.
• A designated AD group that allows Administrator access to the App Volumes Manager server.
• An AD account with read access to base Domain Name for App Volumes Manager to use in querying the Directory.
• A vCenter Server Administrator account that has Administration permissions at the Datacenter level for AppStack virtual machine provisioning.
• vSphere Datastore browsing permissions
• End users require Administrator privileges to install applications into their writable volumes.
Firewall Ports :
The following ports must be open:
• App Volumes Manager uses HTTPS (443) for communication between vCenter Server and ESXi hosts.
• HTTP (80) Agent toServer
• LDAP (389) or LDAPS(636)
• SQL Database (1433)
I hope this is informative for you. Thanks for Reading!!!. Be Social and share it in social media, if you feel worth sharing it.